- Do you providetaxi transfer from the airport to hotel & return?You can book your zantetaxi transfer from and to Zante Airport &Zante Port at www.zantetaxi4u.com, where you can find the most competitive prices for taxi transfer from and to Zante Port and Zante Airport to Plessas Palace.
- Do you have internet at the hotel? If yes is it a high speed one?Yes there is wireless high speed internet in all the rooms and public areas as well as an internet corner, in the reception area.
- What kind of entertainment do you have at the hotel? We have various events for example Greek night & BBQ, Bingo, Quiz, Greek lessons & of course we are open to your suggestions.
- Do you have a vegetarian/diabetic/for allergic person menu? If you have specific requests please inform us and if we have the ingredients we will be more than happy to fulfill your needs.
- Are there any activities for children? Yes, at the moment we have a good selection of table games, various pictures that children can draw & color, DVDs for children like lion king etc.
- Can you organize babysitting? Yes we can, if we are given notice in advance.
- Is the hotel accessible for disabled persons?Currently the hotel has 4 rooms on the ground floor that are accessible to disabled persons. A wheelchair can access the doors & the bathroom has the basic requirements for disabled persons.
About your reservation
- What are the extra charges when we book through a travel agency or a tour operator? When booking through travel agencies there are usually two scenarios: the first one is to book a studio apartment, in which case the price that you pay does NOT include air-condition or breakfast. If you book a B&B room, the price that you pay does NOT include air-condition, fridge and kettle.However if you book direct with us we can offer a better price with all the facilities included. Please note that Tour Operators are given a wholesale price by us and therefore we offer them a net price with as little facilities as possible.
The best price and availability for Plessas Palace you can find it online at: www.zantehotels4u.com
- Can we negotiate the price?Yes you can if you have a good reason. For example if you are a student, if you have a big family, if you have been to the hotel many times smiling constantly and be optimistic about life! We love to have smiling people around us as it makes our job more fun!!!
- Do we have any benefits if we book through the internet e.g. discount?Yes, you have the most competitive online prices at www.zantehotels4u.com
- Do you accept a credit card? If yes what kind? Yes we accept credit cards. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Maestro and Solo.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- If cancelled up to 7 days before date of arrival (May, June, September, October), no fee will be charged.
- If cancelled up to 14 days before date of arrival (July, August), no fee will be charged.
- If cancelled or modified later, 50 percent of the whole stay will be charged.
- In case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
- What is your reservation policy e.g. how much is the deposit?If you make your booking through www.zantehotels4u.com,15% of the total amount is required as to secure your booking and you can pay the remaining balance upon arrival at the hotel.
- If I book direct more than one room do I receive any discount and if yes, how much?If you book more than one room direct with us you will receive an extra 10 % discount on the second room.
- Do you offer a discount for disabled persons? Low income families? Single mothers?We offer discounts to:
- Disabled persons
- Persons that are working on military services
- Single Mothers
- Families that consist of more than 5 members
- Low income (documents required that prove state of poverty)
About the island/area
- What are the most popular excursions around Zakynthos? The most popular excursions in Zante are the following:
- Do you organize excursions? If yes which ones do you organize?Zantehotels4u.comcurrently cooperates with local travel agents and in this way we can suggest for you certain excursions. Ask us and we will be happy to help!
- Where can we go for shopping?If you are addicted to shopping there are many places ideal for shopping including Zante Town, Tsilivi, Laganas&Kalamaki.
- What is the night life like in the resort of Alykanas&Alykes?
Pretty quiet. There are many bars which offer entertainment & some restaurants, but there are no night clubs.
- What are the local products? Where can we buy local products?Our local products are: Olive Oil, Wine, Kefalotyri (local spicy cheese), Pasteli (locally made sweet with nuts and honey) and Mantolato (locally made nougat). All local goods can be found in the local supermarkets or tourist shops in the resort.
- Where are the best places to go sightseeing?
The whole island has amazing areas but these sites are really worth seeing:
- Keri ( lovely quiet fishing resort on the south coast)
- Kampi (mountain location with amazing sunset)
- Gerakas (for CarettaCaretta and sandy beach)
- Where are the traditional restaurants?Traditional restaurants can be found all over Zakynthos. It is better to go on the outskirts of the most resorts to find a traditional tavern where the locals use to eat too.
- What are the traditional dishes of Zakynthos?
- Are there any night clubs nearby?Most of the night clubs are located in Tsilivi and if you are really interested for wild night of entertainment the best place is the resort of Laganas, the largest liveliest resort on Zakynthos.
- Can you give us a brief description of the Alykanas resort?Just one kilometer from Alykes is the resort of Alykanas with its many restaurants, bars and shops nestled amongst olive groves and surrounded by lush green scenery. A blend of traditional Greek character and modern amenities making this small resort an ideal retreat for families and couples looking to unwind by day and enjoy some spirited evenings in a resort where you can gain a real insight into the local way of life.
- Is the beach of Alykanas sandy?Yes the beach of Alykanasis a long sandy beach with shallow warm water ideal for families with children.
- Do you have sharks?No we don't!! You can find plenty of Sharks in Australia!
- What are the most famous beaches on the island?Zakynthos has over 30 superb beaches, the most famous being Laganas Beach which has a long stretch of golden sand - it is thought to be one of the longest beaches in Greece. The beach is part of the national marine park set up to protect the endangered loggerhead turtles which come to nest here.
- >Will my mobile phone work in Greece? Or what do I need to do prior my arrival in order to be able to use my mobile in Greece?Yes, if your mobile is a contract phone then you need to advise your server to activate the roaming feature. Please note that every time you use your phone both parties are charged. If you have a 'pay as you go' phone you will need to top up with lots of credits as they can be used up very quickly. Alternatively if your phone is unlocked purchase a local sim card for around 7 Euros.
- How many cigarettes /alcohol can I take back to UK/Germany etc.?There is no longer a duty free allowance within Europe. Basically if you can prove the goods are for personal use and not for resale then there are no real limits. Here is a standard limit:-
3200 cigarettes, 200 cigars, 400 cigarillos, 3kg tobacco, 110 liters of beer, 90 liters of wine, 10 liters of spirits, 20 liters of fortified wine (such as port or sherry).
- What is current exchange rate to the pound? You can find any exchange rates and currencies at many sites such as www.xe.com/ucc .
- What is the national code for Greece when I am calling from outside of Greece?The national code is 0030.Take the next zero out of the local code and then dial the rest of the numbers.
- What is the code when calling home from Greece?
When calling the UK the code is 0044 no zero on the local code and then the number e.g. 0044 191... (For Newcastle).
INTERNATIONAL DIALLING CODES FROM GREECE
Czech Rep 0042
United Kingdom 0044
- Where can we hire a car?There are plenty of places that you can hire a car locally, but you can always ask reception for further information.
- What transportation is available on the Island?Public transport is not too reliable although the bus service does run daily into the town and from here you can visit all other areas of the island. Please ask for the bus time table at the reception and remember that they often run on Greek time! Taxis are widely available and recognizable by their silver/grey color. Please be aware Greek taxi drivers are quite an experience!! For example, if you are a couple and you have taken a taxi from Zante town to Alykanas, it is quite normal for the taxi driver to stop on the way and pick up another couple, if they are going to the same direction as you! He will then charge both of you the fare (the fare is not shared in Zakynthos). Try to accept this as we locals do, my advice, don't ask "why?" That'sjustthewayitis!
- Major Banks in Zakynthos: The major banks in Zakynthos are:
- Do I need a passport & visa before travelling to Greece? To enter Greece you will need a valid passport or, for EU nationals, travel documents (ID cards). Nationals of European countries outside of the European Union, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and USA can stay for up to 3mths without a visa.
- Major events in Zakynthos:
Feast of the Virgin Mary: Like in every other part of Greece, the celebration of the Virgin Mary (on the 15th of August) is one of the most important feasts in Zakynthos. A religious ceremony is held in honor of the Virgin, followed by dances, eating and drinking until dawn. All the islanders gathered on the 15th of August participate in the feast. The local church in Katastari is closest to the hotel.
The Feast of AgiosDionysios: Two annual major festivals are held in honor of AgiosDionysios (St Dennis), Patron Saint of Zakynthos. The first festival is on the 24th of August and is held in memory of the transportation of the Saint's body from the monastery of Strofades to the church of AgiosDionysios, where it still is today.
The second festival is celebrated on the 17th of December, date of the death of the saint.
Both festivals last three days and consist in various religious ceremonies followed by traditional dances and music accompanied by local food and wine; those feats attract thousands of people and pilgrims from all over the island and from other parts of Greece.
- About Zakynthos and the Ionian Islands. Zakynthos, also called Zante, is the southernmost island of the Ionian Islands and the third largest of the group which includes Corfu, Kefalonia, Lefkada, Paxos, Kythira, and Ithaka. Zante covers an area of 406 square km and has a population of about 40.000 inhabitants.
If you have further inquiries please send us an e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org